25th Jan 2012
This Checklist has been created to help you evaluate whether your current telephone system needs upgrading, or whether your current system will be fit for purpose in your new office.
If you're considering renewing or changing your current phone system when you move office, this Checklist will help you find out what would be the cheapest and easiest option for your business when relocating to a new office.
Choosing a new telephone system or relocating your existing one is considered the most complex part of any office relocation - mainly because a telephone is often the main form of communication between a business and its clients, and it therefore deserves careful consideration, planning and expertise.
Ask yourself the following questions to help you decide whether purchasing a new telephone system would be advantageous for your business:
- Does your telephone system need renewing, upgrading and is it fit for purpose in the new office?
- Does it contain all the features that are necessary for your business to perform at its optimum level?
- How much will it cost to reinstall your existing telephone system in the new office?
- Is the current cabling infrastructure in the new office suitable and will it support your technology requirements (i.e. VoIP, voice and data cabling, set up for mobile working etc.)
- Are you intending to recruit additional staff in the new office? In which you will need additional phone sets, lines etc. Does this require you to upgrade your system due to more capacity?
- How much will it cost to upgrade your current phone system? An independent Telecoms Company will be able to advise you on which phone system best suits your requirements and the cost of purchase and installation etc.
- What impact will a new telephone system have on staff training? Can training be provided before the relocation?
- What benefits will the new telephone system bring to my business? The benefits and advantages will need to outweigh the cost of upgrading to a new system
Don't forget that an office move is often considered a good opportunity to review all your IT equipment (including telephone systems), because it is easier to implement the right infrastructure before any flooring etc. is laid. Furthermore, an office move brings about new opportunities for any business, and embracing the latest technology can also help to improve performance and efficiency.
If, having read this Checklist, you feel that you need to discuss your telephone options with a Expert, Help Moving Office can refer you to a professional Telecoms Company local to your area. A conversation with them will give you some invaluable advice about relocating your telephone system even if you don't end up upgrading your current system.
To find out more advice about relocating your IT systems and business phones, use this detailed IT & Telecoms Checklist.