Project management is a discipline designed to organise and manage resources in order to achieve specific outcomes in organisations. Project managers may have specific project management training needs in order to do the best job possible. There are online tools available that make the process of managing projects easier, most of which include standard project management applications like time tracking, task lists and schedules. The top ten project management tools are outlined below.
1. Feedchamp is a free online tool which in addition to the standard applications, has a discussion area, instant messenger capability and allows you to keep track of projects using RSS feeds.
2. Upload your Microsoft Project tasks to Multitask. Talk to colleagues remotely by signing in to instant messenger services like Yahoo and generate GANTT charts.
3. GANTTER is similar to Multitask, but has some extra features. You can save projects as PDF's and upload files to google docs. There are a number of different project management templates.
4. Project Insight is good for virtual assistants with less complicated projects to manage.
5. ACE project is for larger businesses with multiple users and projects to manage. Features include a discussion forum and task management features.
6. Basecamp has a simple interface including a file area, milestone area and to do lists.
7. Easy Projects is a paid service with a simple user interface featuring employee time sheets and various permissions which vary depending on your position within the team.
8. Smartsheet is a system based on spreadsheets, so you need to be used to them to use it comfortably.
9. Teamwork, as the name implies is designed for teams and is good for managing milestones and informing team members of the status of projects.
10. Central Desktop is best used for companies with 100 to 1000 people. You can link it to your company intranet for easy collaboration.